Terms and Conditions of Use
Our blog site at (“Site”) is owned, run and managed by Oxfam Hong Kong (collectively referred to as “Oxfam Hong Kong”, “we”, “our” or “us”). Please read these Terms and Conditions of use before using this Site. “You” and “your” when used in this context includes any person who accesses this Site and submits personal data.
By accessing and/or using the contents on this Site, you accept and agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this Site.
1. Browsing this Site or using the services provided by Oxfam Hong Kong through this Site is solely at your own risk. Oxfam Hong Kong will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind (including loss of revenues, profits, business or data, in any way related to the Website), or for any claim, loss or injury based on errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in the Website, or any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise (even if foreseeable), incurred by any person for any cause arising as a result of the use of or access to, or inability to use or access this Site, any use of or access to, or any inability to use or access any web sites linked to this Site (including any defamatory content or content which infringes intellectual property rights of any third party).This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under any applicable law.
2. The content displayed on this Site is provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind, including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose, and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Oxfam Hong Kong does not guarantee that such content is error-free or without any defects. Oxfam Hong Kong is not responsible for the availability, content or services of other third party providers, online merchants or advertisers that may be linked to or posted within this Site. We do not provide any warranty or guarantee in respect of availability and/or uninterrupted use of this Site except that we will use our reasonable endeavours to rectify serious faults as soon as practicable.
3. Certain information on this Site is provided by external parties which do not necessarily represent the views of Oxfam Hong Kong. Oxfam Hong Kong takes no responsibility for the content of such information or any information on external web sites linked to the Website. The submission of comments to this Site is entirely voluntary and gratuitous.
4. We review comments before they are posted to be sure that they comply with the Terms and Conditions for the use of this Site. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or refuse to post comments that are not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, and we reserve the right to remove comments even after they have been posted.
5. We reserve the right to make changes to this Site at any time, and from time to time modify or discontinue temporarily or permanently this Site (or any part thereof) without any notice.
6. Use of the material on this Site for educational purposes is encouraged. Oxfam Hong Kong gives permission for articles, illustrations and other materials to be reproduced for educational purposes or personal use, provided that the information is used in its entirety, and that the source is acknowledged appropriately. Use of material on this website for purposes other than educational or personal use must have prior authorisation by Oxfam Hong Kong. In such a case, please write to: email@example.com. In some cases the copyright for text or images on this Site may be held by someone other than Oxfam Hong Kong. All rights are reserved on such materials. Permission to use such materials must be obtained from the copyright owner.
7. General Information
(a) These Terms and Conditions are prepared in English and Chinese. In the event of a conflict between the English and Chinese versions, the English version will prevail.
(b) These Terms and Conditions are governed by Hong Kong law and Hong Kong courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or in connection with this Site.
(c) These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Oxfam Hong Kong and govern your use of this Site, superseding any prior agreements between you and Oxfam Hong Kong with respect to this Site.
(d) The failure of Oxfam Hong Kong to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
(e) If you have any concerns about material which appears on this Site or if you wish to make a complaint concerning the use of any material or content contained in this Site or report any breach or violation of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.